If you don’t have an inwise account already, you’ll need to create one in order to use the API – Create an account.
Contact our support team to open the permission to your API key.
In your inwise account navigate to the black main menu bar on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Developer” (1) and select “Api Key” (2).
- If you already have an API key listed and you’d like to use it for your application, simply copy it.
Or click “CNewApiKei” (3) and give it a descriptive name that will remind you which application it’s used for.
API KEY security
API keys grant full access to your inwise account and should be protected the same way you would protect your password. In particular, there are a few common scenarios to keep in mind when working with API keys:
- Give each integration its own API key, and assign labels to each key so you know which key goes with which application. If a specific API key is compromised, you can disable that key without disabling access to all of your other integrations.
- Be careful not to expose the key to the public (such as in screenshots, videos, or help documentation). Remember that blurring your data isn’t always enough. It’s best to use “cut” functions in your graphics program to remove the data completely.
- If a key needs to be shared, generate a new key and label it accordingly so it can be disabled, if needed. Never email the API key, because it would allow access to your inwise account if hackers were to compromise your email account.